So, where should I start this story?
I finally officially resigned from my previous office. My resignation date was supposed to be November 8 due to my letter dated on October 8. But I took a week off, so that I haven't been working there since November.
Since last year, when I know I'd reach the first year in previous office, I have known that I must quit. I have applied jobs to anywhere I could apply, every company, firm, and institution that opened recruitment. But I never was accepted. I never passed any tests. It made me stay longer in that previous office until more than a year then.
I was almost accepted in a law firm nearby. But I'm not enough convinced since they never called me back no more. They seemed to be busy with their office movement to somewhere in South Jakarta. I also considered that movement, because they picked a place that was so far from my house. So I never contacted them no more, the way they never did to me.
Time just went by, I applied, had tests, and so on. But I never was accepted nowhere, still. Day by day I was more convinced to leave the office. I told everyone that I was going to leave soon after I got a new job.
Being rejected everywhere, I finally realized to look closer around me. I remembered my previous office has a tenant which is a law firm. I knew then, why don't I find out whether they need new staff or not? I can probably apply there. And if I were accepted, it'd be good since I don't have to go any further.
I really found out by an ex-colleague's help. That firm really was in need of new staff (I don't know the name, paralegal, associate, whatever). So I applied, I had an interview, and I was welcomed. Probably because the partner had known me when he made the rent contract. There was no such thing like legal/law test, I was only required TOEFL. Then I took EPT at LIA near my house (damn, the price was so high -_-). I was kinda unsure with the result since I was not good in the reading passage part. My vocabulary really is terrible, that is why.
I took the test result, and I think I got bad score. I got lower score than the last time I took EPT, but what can I say? I submitted the certificate helplessly to that firm and waited for the call.
I was told that the decision would be informed by the next day. So, I waited all day. It felt so long, I even asked my ex-colleague to find out whether I was accepted or not, and the answer was still that I have to wait. I waited and waited, I had lunch, and my phone looked like moved! I picked it enthusiastically and...DAMN, that was just a little move because the phone was on a slick place! Being upset, I continued eating my lunch.
Then in about 2pm, I got a phone call from...that Firm!!! I was excitedly picked it while leaving my desk, went to somewhere behind the room. I talked on the phone and...yes, I WAS ACCEPTED! I was told to start work in November because they considered my one-month notice resignation.
I told my boss that I must say goodbye to the previous office, and she understood. I wrote the resignation letter by the next day and gave it to HRD. Before I left, the previous office has hired a new legal staff, now male. I suppose he's a good one, diligent, and responsible. Better than me, I guess, since his experience was a-year working in a law firm.
Then, when November came, I came to this office! I am finally a lawyer! Of course not today, but I am stepping to be a lawyer. I am back to the lawyering world. I am back to an old dream I ever dreamed when I was younger. In the end I just can never forget that dream. I ever gave up, but I stood up and fight again.
I am kinda surprised because everything was so fast to learn in this new office. I have been to court (again, finally) in my 2nd day. I was asked to compose a legal opinion for a bank in my 4th day. Whoa! But says who I don't enjoy everything? I do enjoy this! I even want more jobs and things to learn. I wish I've found a job that I could love, since this is my dream. So happy and blushing when I told my friends I am now a (future's) lawyer, and they said 'well, congratulations, you're gonna have some fun since you've always dreamed to be a lawyer.'
It's a brand new day, I'm feeling good, and I'm a lawyer! \(^o^)/
I finally officially resigned from my previous office. My resignation date was supposed to be November 8 due to my letter dated on October 8. But I took a week off, so that I haven't been working there since November.
Since last year, when I know I'd reach the first year in previous office, I have known that I must quit. I have applied jobs to anywhere I could apply, every company, firm, and institution that opened recruitment. But I never was accepted. I never passed any tests. It made me stay longer in that previous office until more than a year then.
I was almost accepted in a law firm nearby. But I'm not enough convinced since they never called me back no more. They seemed to be busy with their office movement to somewhere in South Jakarta. I also considered that movement, because they picked a place that was so far from my house. So I never contacted them no more, the way they never did to me.
Time just went by, I applied, had tests, and so on. But I never was accepted nowhere, still. Day by day I was more convinced to leave the office. I told everyone that I was going to leave soon after I got a new job.
Being rejected everywhere, I finally realized to look closer around me. I remembered my previous office has a tenant which is a law firm. I knew then, why don't I find out whether they need new staff or not? I can probably apply there. And if I were accepted, it'd be good since I don't have to go any further.
I really found out by an ex-colleague's help. That firm really was in need of new staff (I don't know the name, paralegal, associate, whatever). So I applied, I had an interview, and I was welcomed. Probably because the partner had known me when he made the rent contract. There was no such thing like legal/law test, I was only required TOEFL. Then I took EPT at LIA near my house (damn, the price was so high -_-). I was kinda unsure with the result since I was not good in the reading passage part. My vocabulary really is terrible, that is why.
I took the test result, and I think I got bad score. I got lower score than the last time I took EPT, but what can I say? I submitted the certificate helplessly to that firm and waited for the call.
I was told that the decision would be informed by the next day. So, I waited all day. It felt so long, I even asked my ex-colleague to find out whether I was accepted or not, and the answer was still that I have to wait. I waited and waited, I had lunch, and my phone looked like moved! I picked it enthusiastically and...DAMN, that was just a little move because the phone was on a slick place! Being upset, I continued eating my lunch.
Then in about 2pm, I got a phone call from...that Firm!!! I was excitedly picked it while leaving my desk, went to somewhere behind the room. I talked on the phone and...yes, I WAS ACCEPTED! I was told to start work in November because they considered my one-month notice resignation.
I told my boss that I must say goodbye to the previous office, and she understood. I wrote the resignation letter by the next day and gave it to HRD. Before I left, the previous office has hired a new legal staff, now male. I suppose he's a good one, diligent, and responsible. Better than me, I guess, since his experience was a-year working in a law firm.
Then, when November came, I came to this office! I am finally a lawyer! Of course not today, but I am stepping to be a lawyer. I am back to the lawyering world. I am back to an old dream I ever dreamed when I was younger. In the end I just can never forget that dream. I ever gave up, but I stood up and fight again.
I am kinda surprised because everything was so fast to learn in this new office. I have been to court (again, finally) in my 2nd day. I was asked to compose a legal opinion for a bank in my 4th day. Whoa! But says who I don't enjoy everything? I do enjoy this! I even want more jobs and things to learn. I wish I've found a job that I could love, since this is my dream. So happy and blushing when I told my friends I am now a (future's) lawyer, and they said 'well, congratulations, you're gonna have some fun since you've always dreamed to be a lawyer.'
It's a brand new day, I'm feeling good, and I'm a lawyer! \(^o^)/
I guess you have been enjoying your job! You're probably promoted by now, hehe. Anyone can make this an inspiration! This post means that "your work must be your passion". It'll make you do the job better and excel on it! ;) Keep it up!
ReplyDeletewow thank you for the kind comment! sorry I just read this today in 2012 LOL and yes you're right, I love this job because it's my passion!
ReplyDelete