Do you have an annoying friend, who's whenever he/she talks to you, he/she always asks to be introduced to your male/female friends to be dated?
I have. And I found this condition annoying.
It just happened to me not so long ago, maybe an hour ago. A male friend talked to me in Yahoo Messenger and after 'licking my ass' by asking what I'm doing now, he started with that 'please introduce me to your female colleagues' and 'please introduce me to your other girls' shit.
I don't mean to spread hate nor negativity in this post, no. But it's been happening so many times and I hope to get rid of it. The problem is how do I tell him to stop? It will sound very negative like I'm not helpful, or worse, like I don't wanna be his friend no more. So I decide to never tell him that way.
The point is: why do we have to be so pushy about finding life-partner? what is wrong with staying single for a while? what's to be afraid with that? is it that scary if we don't date anyone, even for some months, some years? is it shameful?
If we think it's kinda shameful to be single, then we don't deserve anyone to be dated. Yeah. Because it means we don't date someone because we love that person. It's because we don't like being ashamed. It's because we don't want people point their fingers to us and say 'ha-ha, you're single, that's so pitiful!'
There's nothing wrong with being single. It's so much better than staying with wrong person, or worse, with someone you don't even love. I know love is about growing, but it doesn't mean we MUST give every chance to everyone. We have right to choose. We have right to say 'no' to people we don't want. And if there are dumb people saying we are too picky, then WHY? Nothing wrong with being picky. It's something very personal. It won't affect anyone else but the picky person him/herself. Besides, in choosing life-partner or person to date, we don't PICK EVERYONE, right?
So, stop being forceful. I don't see the fun in that. Why don't we live our live happily, doing things we love to do, having a passionate job, caring for people we love, and making ourselves happy? We can do them all while waiting for the right person to marry or to date. Just enjoy the time. Being single is somehow worth it. It's not a shame. It never is.
And you can't hurry love. You can never.
I have. And I found this condition annoying.
It just happened to me not so long ago, maybe an hour ago. A male friend talked to me in Yahoo Messenger and after 'licking my ass' by asking what I'm doing now, he started with that 'please introduce me to your female colleagues' and 'please introduce me to your other girls' shit.
I don't mean to spread hate nor negativity in this post, no. But it's been happening so many times and I hope to get rid of it. The problem is how do I tell him to stop? It will sound very negative like I'm not helpful, or worse, like I don't wanna be his friend no more. So I decide to never tell him that way.
The point is: why do we have to be so pushy about finding life-partner? what is wrong with staying single for a while? what's to be afraid with that? is it that scary if we don't date anyone, even for some months, some years? is it shameful?
If we think it's kinda shameful to be single, then we don't deserve anyone to be dated. Yeah. Because it means we don't date someone because we love that person. It's because we don't like being ashamed. It's because we don't want people point their fingers to us and say 'ha-ha, you're single, that's so pitiful!'
There's nothing wrong with being single. It's so much better than staying with wrong person, or worse, with someone you don't even love. I know love is about growing, but it doesn't mean we MUST give every chance to everyone. We have right to choose. We have right to say 'no' to people we don't want. And if there are dumb people saying we are too picky, then WHY? Nothing wrong with being picky. It's something very personal. It won't affect anyone else but the picky person him/herself. Besides, in choosing life-partner or person to date, we don't PICK EVERYONE, right?
So, stop being forceful. I don't see the fun in that. Why don't we live our live happily, doing things we love to do, having a passionate job, caring for people we love, and making ourselves happy? We can do them all while waiting for the right person to marry or to date. Just enjoy the time. Being single is somehow worth it. It's not a shame. It never is.
And you can't hurry love. You can never.
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to drop anything! Thank you!