Yesterday I went out lunch with ex-colleague in previous office. My previous office was a Public Service Body under the authority of Deputy of Marketing in a ministry.
She told me about two ex-colleagues who have resigned because they were accepted to work in the ministry, a boy and a girl. The boy's father was a SPV in my previous office, at the same time also an important respected person in the ministry. The girl's father-in-law is the secretary of the minister. This means they have special treatments and facilities during work.
The boy's father will be retired because of his age, so that my previous office would lose its SPV. And guess what happens? The boy is now in charge of his father's job. He is a public employee in ministry who's also a private employee in my prev office. And he has just begun his 2nd year as a public employee.
The girl is given a choice. Whether she wants her office in ministry or in prev office, and I heard rumors that she picked prev office. She just hasn't decided in which department she would work. And she has just accepted as a public employee in ministry from last year's entrance test. So, this is still her first workdays.
Whoa. It's so awesome to have parents who are important respected person in public department. In ministry. In government. Whatever. You can have your own choice. When others must give up of where they would be placed in placement section, you don't need to worry about anything because your parents, or people around your parents, will hand you choices. Or even if they don't give it, I guess you are allowed to request. Like...seriously. You can.
It's a beautiful life. A beautiful destiny. A great luck. A big chance that not everyone can get.
Compared to myself who is not a child of anyone in government, I would not get that chance. If I stayed in prev office, I might spend the rest of my life working as a legal staff, paid under 3 million IDR, and I would never ever be able to afford The Executive items for myself. I would never ever shop like a psychopath in online shops, I would never swipe my debit card so easily when I found big sale in malls. I would end-up as a pitiful employee, who's a graduate of a famous law school in this country but working in a wrong foolish office, which is related to our foolish government. Oh, and I would not be accepted as a public employee in ministry, for sure.
But if you ask me whether I'm jealous of those children, I say NO clearly.
I still prefer myself, my life. I work in a place I've always dreamed about, paid well enough (well at least now I can shop with my own money and my mother don't want to buy me stuff again for she knows my salary), I have great colleagues, nice boss, and I don't feel lack of anything in my job. I don't need those choices, I don't even want to apply as a public employee until I die. I have tried once working with public employees and I found it stinks too much, and I know that's not what I want to be.
Besides, who needs that choice if I have had a job I always dream about? Who needs to be a children of somebody in government, if my plane-pilot father and my multi-talented housewife mother SUPPORT me at the top rate to do anything I want to do, to be a person I want to be, and to live my life the way I want to?
Well, now I know it's not fair. I can say that much when I've got my position now. Maybe I'll speak differently if I were still in prev office LOL but still, I don't need parents from government, for REALLY.
And, this is real. This is me, I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be :)
She told me about two ex-colleagues who have resigned because they were accepted to work in the ministry, a boy and a girl. The boy's father was a SPV in my previous office, at the same time also an important respected person in the ministry. The girl's father-in-law is the secretary of the minister. This means they have special treatments and facilities during work.
The boy's father will be retired because of his age, so that my previous office would lose its SPV. And guess what happens? The boy is now in charge of his father's job. He is a public employee in ministry who's also a private employee in my prev office. And he has just begun his 2nd year as a public employee.
The girl is given a choice. Whether she wants her office in ministry or in prev office, and I heard rumors that she picked prev office. She just hasn't decided in which department she would work. And she has just accepted as a public employee in ministry from last year's entrance test. So, this is still her first workdays.
Whoa. It's so awesome to have parents who are important respected person in public department. In ministry. In government. Whatever. You can have your own choice. When others must give up of where they would be placed in placement section, you don't need to worry about anything because your parents, or people around your parents, will hand you choices. Or even if they don't give it, I guess you are allowed to request. Like...seriously. You can.
It's a beautiful life. A beautiful destiny. A great luck. A big chance that not everyone can get.
Compared to myself who is not a child of anyone in government, I would not get that chance. If I stayed in prev office, I might spend the rest of my life working as a legal staff, paid under 3 million IDR, and I would never ever be able to afford The Executive items for myself. I would never ever shop like a psychopath in online shops, I would never swipe my debit card so easily when I found big sale in malls. I would end-up as a pitiful employee, who's a graduate of a famous law school in this country but working in a wrong foolish office, which is related to our foolish government. Oh, and I would not be accepted as a public employee in ministry, for sure.
But if you ask me whether I'm jealous of those children, I say NO clearly.
I still prefer myself, my life. I work in a place I've always dreamed about, paid well enough (well at least now I can shop with my own money and my mother don't want to buy me stuff again for she knows my salary), I have great colleagues, nice boss, and I don't feel lack of anything in my job. I don't need those choices, I don't even want to apply as a public employee until I die. I have tried once working with public employees and I found it stinks too much, and I know that's not what I want to be.
Besides, who needs that choice if I have had a job I always dream about? Who needs to be a children of somebody in government, if my plane-pilot father and my multi-talented housewife mother SUPPORT me at the top rate to do anything I want to do, to be a person I want to be, and to live my life the way I want to?
Well, now I know it's not fair. I can say that much when I've got my position now. Maybe I'll speak differently if I were still in prev office LOL but still, I don't need parents from government, for REALLY.
And, this is real. This is me, I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to drop anything! Thank you!