3/4/13

2012, Bandung, and 2013


How was your new year celebration? Was it fun or plain?

Mine was, thank God, too fun to forget. But since I'm a forgetful person, I'll write it here so that I won't forget.  

I went for holiday with my boys, Asri, Asrul, Hafit, and Ryza, to Bandung. We planned to have some more people join, but too bad on the planned day some people already had another agenda, so that only five of us went. 

We were coworkers in Farida Law Office until last January 27th. Before we were off for holiday, four of us conveyed resignation letters jointly LOL not because we planned it jointly, but that was totally a coincidence. I was actually the one who planned to resign first due to better offer in another law firm, but then Ryza told me that he would too, followed with Asri, and I just found out that Asrul also resigned in the same day. Hafit was not included since his contract would still end in August. But imagine how shock our ex-boss was LOL.

And so we left Jakarta in Sunday morning by travel car. We found hard to find cheap hotel in new-year days, but thank God we coincidentally found a lodging house which had a quite big bedroom that we could rent for only around 500k IDR/3 days. What a saving! And these are the arrival photos I took with Asri before entering the house.



But since I was the only girl and the bed was not enough to have four people on, we asked for two additional beds. 

Afterwards we went lunch in a restaurant nearby. Sigh too bad I can't show much pictures because of the lost SD card -_-


We had delicious grilled chicken and soup there, and they also sold delicious bottled tea that I don't remember the brand. 

At night we went to CiWalk to have dinner and karaoke, this time Asri's friend joined us (um but I forget her name -_-)



Afterwards we were picked up by our friend Adit, whom was also our coworker. We were off to Bukit Bintang and took some photos.



Since the place was too down low, Adit failed to drive the car up with all of us in. So that we needed to get out of the car to push it up to the normal street LOL. We laughed and joked about that like 'we are lawyers who push the car up' xD

Afterwards we went to Gedung Sate and took some photos. Surprisingly such building was lightened with beautiful lamps around the roof.


Then we headed to Matari to have some...what is the name of 'eating between dinner and breakfast'? We had yummy Indomie with eggs and beef corned.


Next day on Monday, which was the New Year's eve, we went shopping like crazy. We visited nearly all factory outlets and distros, and thank God that some distros gave great discounts for their items, so that we shopped a lot. We had late lunch in Legoh, a small restaurant whose food are also delicious and I am impressed by their tofu cuisines. Afterwards we were picked up by Adit again in our lodging house and went to Paris van Java to have dinner. Since nearly all the restaurants were full, we ended up dining in Pepper Lunch.

 
It was my first time eating in Pepper Lunch. What a high cost food but I admit that the food is delicious. But surely I can't eat there each month -_- 

We ended up 2012 in Killiney Kopitiam. We sat beside the window so that we could watch the fireworks. They were beautiful and jaw-dropping, since there were some new kinds of fireworks that we never seen before. Going back from PVJ, we failed to find taxi and rent a public car instead, but too bad the driver rejected to drive us until the lodging house due to the traffic. So that we stopped by...I forgot, somewhere, and took a walk. 

Really?

Nooo, because in the middle of walking, the goddess of luck visited me, Asri, and Hafit, so that we could get a ride from another public car, while Asrul and Ryza had already walked too far from us LOL. We arrived at the house with dirty feet caused by the tarnished street after the rain then slept until the afternoon. LOL.

We packed our bags and went to the travel car site, ordering tickets to go home, and since the order had been full we got the 8PM trip o_O but we had no choice since we should go back to work by the next day. So we still took that schedule then went lunch in a cafe called S-28 nearby. The place was cozy, they have yummy nasi bakar that we fell for! And they offered me to make member card for free as well.



Then we shopped (again) in some distros in Jl. Riau as yesterday, and I'm glad that I found some beautiful clothes with logical price, my friends did find great clothes like cheap blazers as well. So we could go home with satisfaction since we know we could not obtain good clothes with low price in Jakarta.

We left Bandung in 8PM, and the traffic to Jakarta was totally hell. I could not sleep calmly since my mother kept texting me, asking me where my position was. Seriously, everyone in Jakarta seemed to move to Bandung in the new year -___- so I just arrived home in 2:30AM. I texted Hafit and he said everyone arrived in 3:00AM. What a long way home.

But then in year-beginning party, my ex-boss asked me how my new year holiday was. I told her that since I spent it with my best friends, it was fun, crazy, and unforgettable. We hope that we could spend the next year-end holiday abroad or at least in another island like Bali LOL hopefully we've earned enough money by the day. AMEN. LOL.

And that was my new year holiday. How's yours?

Happy belated new year 2013!

p.s: I'm currently going out with one of my boys above. Guess which one? ;) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop anything! Thank you!