Last night, when I was in bed because of feeling unwell, I had a chat with a public-employee friend. Honestly not just a friend, because I have crush on him. Yep, I fell in love at the first sight with him and have told him, and got rejected. But we're still good friends this far, I don't know who needs who but we always buzzed each other in our free times. Who cares? Friends don't matter about that.
So, this is the conversation we had last night. Oh I must tell you first that this friend is smoking cigarettes but has a terrible asthma.
Me: so, are you still smoking?
Him: yep, I did it again
Me: DON'T! Please be more careful to your body!
Him: I want to quit, but it's not that easy
Me: it's easy, you just have to always warn yourself that it's dangerous
Him: ...
Me: or at least you minimize it
Him: uh-huh
Me: so, how much did you smoke today?
Him: I had six today
Me: what the heck? six? :o
Him: yeah...
Me: start from tomorrow, smoke only one!
Him: eh what? how do you set me like this?
Me: do you wanna be healthy or not? Sorry, I don't mean to be bossy, I just concern about your health
Him: well thank you, but I know what's best for me
Me: sorry I'm kinda bossy, but you're sick, don't make it worse
Then the conversation stopped. I still wrote, but he didn't answer. He went offline instead. I texted him, but he didn't reply. I twat to him, but he...is a newbie in Twitter so he don't know how to reply it yet :D
Well maybe he's still mad. Or not. I don't know. I don't blame myself if so.
The point that I want to talk is not about him and me. This is about how you treat yourself, how you care about your one and only body. I personally despise cigarettes, the smoke is terrible and I sometimes have to breathe it. But it don't mean I can't be friends with smokers, no. What I want to underline in this condition is: my friend is sick. He is sick, he has a terrible asthma and it could get worse at anytime. But he continues smoking while he ever told me he wants to quit long before last night.
Seriously, I have nothing to do with him. I fell in love with him, but it's not the reason I concern about somebody's health, especially a friend of mine. When you're in an unwell condition, you're sick, and you're definitely not allowed to consume things that makes your condition worse, I think there's nothing you can do but to obey it. Just stop being rebellious. Your life is only once. Your body is only one. Why should you break your own health just for something you know you can, and you want to, let go? Why do you continue consuming a dangerous stuff that exactly makes your health worse?
I mean, it's really not fun if the asthma is relapse when you're in an important meeting or presentation. It could be worse if you are the one who is responsible as a speaker. Gosh, seriously, can you imagine you had an important great seminar and you're the keynote speaker, but because of your breath is suddenly collapsed, that amazing speech of yours must be stopped? And you simply can't continue giving that adorable speech because you can't breathe? You will ruin the seminar and put a shame on yourself.
So, people, please be wise. Please be more careful about your health. Your body. Your own life. You only live once and have one body, why ruin it? Just live a healthy life, stay away from things that turn your health worse. Please be obedient. I know you can.
Because health is precious. Without it, how do you enjoy life?
p.s: and for that friend of mine, if you might read this, are you sure you know what's best for you? You better think twice and more, Dude.
oh and here's the song for this post, I got so much responses for posting this song on Tumblr
So, this is the conversation we had last night. Oh I must tell you first that this friend is smoking cigarettes but has a terrible asthma.
Me: so, are you still smoking?
Him: yep, I did it again
Me: DON'T! Please be more careful to your body!
Him: I want to quit, but it's not that easy
Me: it's easy, you just have to always warn yourself that it's dangerous
Him: ...
Me: or at least you minimize it
Him: uh-huh
Me: so, how much did you smoke today?
Him: I had six today
Me: what the heck? six? :o
Him: yeah...
Me: start from tomorrow, smoke only one!
Him: eh what? how do you set me like this?
Me: do you wanna be healthy or not? Sorry, I don't mean to be bossy, I just concern about your health
Him: well thank you, but I know what's best for me
Me: sorry I'm kinda bossy, but you're sick, don't make it worse
Then the conversation stopped. I still wrote, but he didn't answer. He went offline instead. I texted him, but he didn't reply. I twat to him, but he...is a newbie in Twitter so he don't know how to reply it yet :D
Well maybe he's still mad. Or not. I don't know. I don't blame myself if so.
The point that I want to talk is not about him and me. This is about how you treat yourself, how you care about your one and only body. I personally despise cigarettes, the smoke is terrible and I sometimes have to breathe it. But it don't mean I can't be friends with smokers, no. What I want to underline in this condition is: my friend is sick. He is sick, he has a terrible asthma and it could get worse at anytime. But he continues smoking while he ever told me he wants to quit long before last night.
Seriously, I have nothing to do with him. I fell in love with him, but it's not the reason I concern about somebody's health, especially a friend of mine. When you're in an unwell condition, you're sick, and you're definitely not allowed to consume things that makes your condition worse, I think there's nothing you can do but to obey it. Just stop being rebellious. Your life is only once. Your body is only one. Why should you break your own health just for something you know you can, and you want to, let go? Why do you continue consuming a dangerous stuff that exactly makes your health worse?
I mean, it's really not fun if the asthma is relapse when you're in an important meeting or presentation. It could be worse if you are the one who is responsible as a speaker. Gosh, seriously, can you imagine you had an important great seminar and you're the keynote speaker, but because of your breath is suddenly collapsed, that amazing speech of yours must be stopped? And you simply can't continue giving that adorable speech because you can't breathe? You will ruin the seminar and put a shame on yourself.
So, people, please be wise. Please be more careful about your health. Your body. Your own life. You only live once and have one body, why ruin it? Just live a healthy life, stay away from things that turn your health worse. Please be obedient. I know you can.
Because health is precious. Without it, how do you enjoy life?
p.s: and for that friend of mine, if you might read this, are you sure you know what's best for you? You better think twice and more, Dude.
oh and here's the song for this post, I got so much responses for posting this song on Tumblr
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to drop anything! Thank you!