In the previous post, I posted a song from Camp Rock titled This is Me (Gotta Find You) performed by Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas. Then I'm kinda inspired to write according to the lyrics.
So, have you ever found moments when you know you're exactly where you're supposed to be? Because it happened to me about 3 times :)
The first was when I was in 3rd grade of high school.

I was in social class instead of science class. I had always dreamed to enter social class since I was in middle school, because I realize science sucks (I mean I'm suck in science LOL) and I knew it more when in first and second grade of high school, no matter how hard I try to befriend with science, I always failed. So I always put in mind and told my parents and homeroom teacher that social class was the one made for me. Then I successfully went there, although my points allowed me to enter science. My homeroom teacher supported me. Mom supported me but she required me to gain a position in top 10 of the class, I accepted her challenge as a risk for acting against her wish to put me in science class. I was arguing with Dad because he insisted that I can still be successful in science class and it would smoother my way to college, but I said it was bullsh*t and disagreed, insisted to be in social class, that brought us in a kinda cold war after that LOL.
I really found my school time in social class. I just realize what's called 'studying' there. I love the subjects and befriend with teachers. I successfully got highest points in some subjects in class, and be in top 3 of class. Knowing I made it, my parents couldn't say anything against me. Social class was the place where I was supposed to be, and I was exactly there.
The second was when I was in law school.

Since in first class of high school, I have always told my friends how I wanted to study in law school after graduating from high school. I told my parents too, and, again and again, I argued with Dad about this. I dreamed to be a lawyer, he told me it was a dirty job that would taint me. But one day when I gave up to be in a law school in university that I dream to enter, and almost decided to enter another faculty, he stopped me and said miracles can happen if I believe and struggle (sh*t, tears almost drop when I remember this moment haha).
So I took the entrance test and checked my answers in a course I was in. From the result of that checking, I seem to fail the test. Not at all, I can still go to law school in my 2nd university choice, but Mom didn't allow me to study there since it was far from home (actually it wasn't that far, just in Bandung, she was just acting too much). But then I didn't understand what happened. When I was in first days in graphic design school that I entered as an alternative, I was accepted in law school in my 1st university choice. Well, maybe miracle did happen :D
I struggled when I was there, it wasn't easy, seriously. To have so many brilliant friends, I felt like so dumb. But I didn't give up, I just fell in love with my specialty program since the first time I step there. I entered the executive student organization, being active, and I seemed to find my school life there. My GPA was getting higher, I got so much friends, I learned so much lessons in class and organizations. I even applied as candidate for the executive president, but I was eliminated. Still, so much fun. Law school, and its organizations, was the place where I was supposed to be. And I really was there :)
The third is now, when I'm in a litigation law firm, and on my way to be a lawyer.

Should I still write about this? I think I have posted about this before, so I don't have to, right? LOL just kidding, I will.
I have passed my probation period, and now I'm the jobholder. Still not yet a lawyer, I haven't even taken the course nor the bar exam, but it doesn't matter. I was requested to work on some complicated cases that I never understood since I didn't take the subject in law school. But I can't give up, of course because I'm paid here haha, so I tried to finish 'em. Still so much fun, because every challenge, every assignment, is a new lesson I learn. I only took a few of economic law subjects, but I learn about them here when I worked on cases. So much fun.
And I'm still on my way to be an independent lawyer. I still dream to be, and I thank God that I didn't let go of that dream. This is the place where I'm supposed to be, and I'm exactly here.
This is real, this is me
I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be now
Gonna let the light shine on me
Now I found who I am
There's no way to hold it in
No more hiding who I want to be
This is me...
So, have you ever found moments when you know you're exactly where you're supposed to be? Because it happened to me about 3 times :)
The first was when I was in 3rd grade of high school.
I was in social class instead of science class. I had always dreamed to enter social class since I was in middle school, because I realize science sucks (I mean I'm suck in science LOL) and I knew it more when in first and second grade of high school, no matter how hard I try to befriend with science, I always failed. So I always put in mind and told my parents and homeroom teacher that social class was the one made for me. Then I successfully went there, although my points allowed me to enter science. My homeroom teacher supported me. Mom supported me but she required me to gain a position in top 10 of the class, I accepted her challenge as a risk for acting against her wish to put me in science class. I was arguing with Dad because he insisted that I can still be successful in science class and it would smoother my way to college, but I said it was bullsh*t and disagreed, insisted to be in social class, that brought us in a kinda cold war after that LOL.
I really found my school time in social class. I just realize what's called 'studying' there. I love the subjects and befriend with teachers. I successfully got highest points in some subjects in class, and be in top 3 of class. Knowing I made it, my parents couldn't say anything against me. Social class was the place where I was supposed to be, and I was exactly there.
The second was when I was in law school.
Since in first class of high school, I have always told my friends how I wanted to study in law school after graduating from high school. I told my parents too, and, again and again, I argued with Dad about this. I dreamed to be a lawyer, he told me it was a dirty job that would taint me. But one day when I gave up to be in a law school in university that I dream to enter, and almost decided to enter another faculty, he stopped me and said miracles can happen if I believe and struggle (sh*t, tears almost drop when I remember this moment haha).
So I took the entrance test and checked my answers in a course I was in. From the result of that checking, I seem to fail the test. Not at all, I can still go to law school in my 2nd university choice, but Mom didn't allow me to study there since it was far from home (actually it wasn't that far, just in Bandung, she was just acting too much). But then I didn't understand what happened. When I was in first days in graphic design school that I entered as an alternative, I was accepted in law school in my 1st university choice. Well, maybe miracle did happen :D
I struggled when I was there, it wasn't easy, seriously. To have so many brilliant friends, I felt like so dumb. But I didn't give up, I just fell in love with my specialty program since the first time I step there. I entered the executive student organization, being active, and I seemed to find my school life there. My GPA was getting higher, I got so much friends, I learned so much lessons in class and organizations. I even applied as candidate for the executive president, but I was eliminated. Still, so much fun. Law school, and its organizations, was the place where I was supposed to be. And I really was there :)
The third is now, when I'm in a litigation law firm, and on my way to be a lawyer.
Should I still write about this? I think I have posted about this before, so I don't have to, right? LOL just kidding, I will.
I have passed my probation period, and now I'm the jobholder. Still not yet a lawyer, I haven't even taken the course nor the bar exam, but it doesn't matter. I was requested to work on some complicated cases that I never understood since I didn't take the subject in law school. But I can't give up, of course because I'm paid here haha, so I tried to finish 'em. Still so much fun, because every challenge, every assignment, is a new lesson I learn. I only took a few of economic law subjects, but I learn about them here when I worked on cases. So much fun.
And I'm still on my way to be an independent lawyer. I still dream to be, and I thank God that I didn't let go of that dream. This is the place where I'm supposed to be, and I'm exactly here.
This is real, this is me
I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be now
Gonna let the light shine on me
Now I found who I am
There's no way to hold it in
No more hiding who I want to be
This is me...
wait. by the '1st choice' and the picture (also the outfit design), were you in a law school of that yellow-jacket university? I didn't know that we are actually of the same class year! (LOL)
ReplyDeletebrings back memories though. perhaps I'll write one like this some time.
~hey
~now there is the Name/URL! xD
what really? LOLOLOLOLOL are you from law school too? t'was so amazing studying there, the yellow-jacket campus, meeting uncountable brilliant people...
ReplyDeleteyep I changed the setting as you asked :D