3/21/11

5th Year and it's still you, Kohashi Kenji :)

I knew a man about 5 years ago. He wasn't a friend, nah, LOL, because I watched his performance in a dorama.


I love Glass no Kamen manga so much. in Indonesia, it's translated as Topeng Kaca. I've been reading mangas since I was in elementary school, so I think it's kinda weird if I don't read that one legendary manga. Then I was told by my girl that she owned the dorama CD of Glass no Kamen, so I borrowed and watched it.

I found the actors are kinda weird and mismatched the roles, like the actress who portrayed Himekawa Ayumi, she was pretty and acted well but not gorgeous enough to be Ayumi. And the actor who portrayed Hayami Masumi really was ridiculous because he wasn't handsome nor stunning at all, but still performed good acting. I paid a bit attention to the girl who portrayed Kitajima Maya because she was so cute and innocent, and performed very well.

But, who cares about all those people? Since the first episode, I couldn't take my eyes off of the boy who played Sakurakouji Yuu. He was just cute and innocent, and looked very simple. He performed well too, although he wasn't handsome enough to portray Sakurakouji. Thought he must be around 15 because he looked so young and plain hahah but still, I couldn't take my eyes off. Unlike the other Japanese male performers, I don't find him gorgeous nor has a celebrity aura. He was just taking all my attentions by his innocence and simplicity.


And what did I do next? Of course googling him, and I found his name was Kohashi Kenji.

I tracked and tracked him in all search engines I knew. Then I was surprised with a fact that he was born in 1979, so that he portrayed Sakurakouji in Glass no Kamen when he was 18 because that dorama was produced in 1997! How do Japanese always look younger than their ages? -_-

I found a fan-site of him, but it has been closed while my registration hasn't been approved by the admin. Sigh. This photo was in the front page.


well, I like it. LOL

He also had a website that he ran by himself. From his blog, thanks to Google Translate, I knew he loves traveling and photography a lot. Oh and surfing too. I first thought his new job is a photographer, but I was wrong, that was just his hobby. I tried to contact this man by comments in his blog posts, e-mail on his contact blog, but I never reached him. Until one day I found the website was closed and there was an announcement that he was remaking it.

After some months, or years, I forgot, (I think it was months because I've just spent the 5th year of knowing him LOL) his blog was opened again but only the front page, I couldn't see the contents. Until one day I found a blog of Tokyo Big Boys, but he seemed to be included. So I tracked and searched, again, and I found he built a DJ group with his partner, So, named Big Boys. Just if you want to know, you can read about them and their writings here.

I also found news that Kenji was back to acting world, including movies, but right now not only as the actor but also the director. He directed a documentary movie, which storyline is considered inspiring. The movie is titled Don't Stop, and I'd be gladly watching it if I could :3

Beside acting and DJ-ing, he is still traveling and photo-taking (well, nobody can't miss the hobby stuff), and makes promotion videos of a fashion brand named Soareak. I don't know whether he was the web designer or not, but I found the website is adorable and beautiful. He posted the videos too in Youtube, but I haven't watched it (yeah I'm so clumsy not to watch it before posting this). Later on I might write again after I watch it.

Things are getting closer. He had a Twitter account, which I followed but it seemed to be in trouble so he deactivated it. It was fun to have a direct updates right from him, so I was kinda sad when he deleted the account. But then he made another account again, YAY, and I followed him again until now :)

I'm still wondering what I like in Kenji. He's not that hot, not handsome. Cute, yeah, okay, but not too cute. He's even 31 going on 32 now, so old, so he's not as cute as when I first saw him in Glass no Kamen. But from his writings, both blogs and tweets, I can tell he's a good person. He worships God, although I don't know he's a religious one or just believing, and acts great to people. He has a lot of friends and fans. He appreciates nature.

I ever had a friend I knew from his website, we chatted, and she told me she ever saw Kenji directly and told me he really was handsome. Haha I think he's not handsome, still, but maybe that's a Japanese taste, I don't know.

Then, the disaster news in Japan shocked me. It was terrible to have such a huge earthquake and huge wave that caused tsunami. Everytime I knew the number of people die increases, I was like hurt. Haha weird eh, I didn't even feel like that about disasters in Indonesia, my OWN country. Maybe since I was kid I read mangas, I feel so connected to Japan. And I also worry about Kenji, although he don't live by the seashore. And I was glad to know he is okay when he updated his status in Facebook. Anyway, I haven't been approved by him in Facebook, sigh -_-

What surprised me was he kept tweeting and retweeting every news about the disaster. Every donation link, every information about missing people, and such things. To know that his Twitter followers has reached 2000, I think his tweets and RT's are very useful. I think he knew it so he used it to spread information, because I saw his tweets were RT'ed so many times by so many people.

And I was kinda touched to know he and his friends run a donation project called We Are The One. beside I love his picture in the website, LOL, I am amazed of how he cares about what happens in his country. In his tweets and Facebook status, he kept encouraging and affirming people in Japan to struggle and not giving up. He keeps believing that they're strong, and spread his belief to people to encourage them. That's what I call AWESOME. He's not selfish, he's using his link and fame to help and encourage people in disaster.

Unfortunately, I haven't reached him until now. He never approved me as friend in Facebook nor even responded to my mentions in Twitter. I know he has thousands of follower, but why not to respond me, at least one, when I complied or saying good things about or around him? Sigh ._.

I just hope one day we can be friends. He might not has an Indonesian friend, so I can be one, and from me he will know he can solo-travel to this country.

So, since I have spent 5 years keeping eyes on Kenji, there were times I quit but then I always come back, I doodled him. Yep since now I can doodle. Unfortunately when I mentioned him with this doodle, I wasn't still responded (sigh) but at least I tried. Oh I almost forgot to say that even until now I have no idea about his loving relationship status. Whether he's gay or straight. But I have a feeling he's a single straight. Just a feeling, I can just be wrong. And I guess he's single because he hasn't met me yet he still enjoys doing his jobs.

And here are the doodles I made

LOL I made this one just because I adore the Big Boys members' relationship. Kenji is so cute partnered with So, and from their blog posts (and tweets), I can tell they're very good partners. They don't always go anywhere together since they have their own side jobs beside DJ-ing, but how they keep in touch kinda amazes me. I mentioned both Kenji and So with this doodle, but only So replied me with a thank you and a compliment :)


this one I made for a celebration of 5 years since I knew him. LOL. I doodled him in that costume as Sakurakouji based on this photo

meh I know I drew wrong towel, whatever.

Last words, I hope he always got good luck in his job and life. That his relatives and friends are safe from the latest disaster. That we can be married be friends after all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop anything! Thank you!