I once entered a contest named 30 Hari Menulis Surat Cinta, which was held during January 14th until February 14th. The best letter would get a song written from his/her letter by my composer friend, Endy. As I ever posted before, he composed a song from my poem. So, I thought, to get a second single, I must win that contest.
How?
I wrote an anonymous letter to Endy. Not a love letter, for sure, but more to a gratitude letter. I bet he knew it was from me even before I told him it was from me LOL...and in the letter I kinda promised to have a poem made for him. Oh and why I wrote to him was because to win a contest we must once directly strike right to the sponsor of the prize.
Yeah, of course I didn't win. LOL. I saw too much great letters with beautiful words and contents, who did I think I was to win such contest?
But I still keep the promise to write a poem for him. When I was jobless, I promised myself to write that poem once I got a new job. Now that I got a new one, I finally finished writing the poem. It took 3 days, seriously it was kind of hard to write a poem from outline. I made outline because I knew there were some words and lines that I must put in the poem, so that I wrote them first before I forgot.
And here is the poem, I titled it first as 'Notes and Words' but I believe Endy would criticize me because the title doesn't show the content, so I changed it to 'Gratitude'. Do you love it or hate it? Check it out!
I was staring out мγ window
All мγ inspiration just flow
Felt as if time walks like slow
The pen in мγ hands helped mƐ show
I wrote those verses like unstoppable
Hoping for a melody to make them stable
When yőυ showed up I knew yőυ're able
Wε'd make мγ dream turn to possible
Suddenly I lived in a different world
Right when yoυя notes married мγ words
A song was born to this universe
After yőυ blew a breath into мγ corpse
If I didn't thank yőυ I'd be the worst
This poem is one of мγ gratitudes
Now the music is played everywhere
People said they Ľovε what wε did there
How can I pretend not to care
While I know yoυя effort to share?
Just one step closer to a masterpiece
Yőυ did it the way I know it needs
Brought mƐ to a place I wish to reach
Because of yőυ мγ life's turned to this
Yőυ know mƐ more than I expected
Yőυ made things greater than I guessed
I look to the sky, yőυ're what I get
A sunshine behind the clouds I had
All мγ inspiration just flow
Felt as if time walks like slow
The pen in мγ hands helped mƐ show
I wrote those verses like unstoppable
Hoping for a melody to make them stable
When yőυ showed up I knew yőυ're able
Wε'd make мγ dream turn to possible
Suddenly I lived in a different world
Right when yoυя notes married мγ words
A song was born to this universe
After yőυ blew a breath into мγ corpse
If I didn't thank yőυ I'd be the worst
This poem is one of мγ gratitudes
Now the music is played everywhere
People said they Ľovε what wε did there
How can I pretend not to care
While I know yoυя effort to share?
Just one step closer to a masterpiece
Yőυ did it the way I know it needs
Brought mƐ to a place I wish to reach
Because of yőυ мγ life's turned to this
Yőυ know mƐ more than I expected
Yőυ made things greater than I guessed
I look to the sky, yőυ're what I get
A sunshine behind the clouds I had

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to drop anything! Thank you!