3/14/12

When You Believe

What is your formula for success?
 
Working hard, never giving up, always believe that things will end up happily at the right moment. 

That was my answer when Formspring asked me. To tell you what really happens, I guess I need to explain the whole story.

I decided to quit my job several weeks ago. I already felt like I didn't find myself there anymore, I wasn't even motivated to come to the office everyday. My life was perfect, except my work life. I always dream to be a lawyer, but what I did in my previous job was like...wrong. So I did expect a resignation, and there I did.

But it never meant that I want to be jobless. As I ever wrote in one of my posts, I am embarassed of being jobless, not productive. I don't know everyone else, but to me my job is my pride. Even though I might not do it right, at least to have a job can keep my head up. Even though I still live with my parents and they still feed me, and I am not the one who's responsible of family financial, still I don't want to remain jobless. I want to be useful. I need to work.

So, right after my resignation I applied to a lot of vacancies. Yes, a lot of. It's supposed to be more than 100 offices. And since I applied like I would die tomorrow, I always had job calls everyday, either it's a law test, psychotest, or an interview. Two days after my resignation, I was accepted as a legal officer in a property company. Too bad, to get to the office costs enough high and they didn't give me higher salary than in my previous office. So I rejected it.

In a blazzing saturday, I had a test in a law firm. I passed the test, my name was the first appointed, then I had an interview. That was fun, really, the people impressed me. Too bad, I was over qualified for the job. I was accepted, but as a paralegal, and they paid me, again, lower than my salary in my previous office. I said yes at first, but then I changed my mind, because I realize fresh graduates deserve it more than me. 

You must be wondering why I concern so much about salary. Well, here is my explanation. I have monthly saving. Each month I have exact nominal to save in my bank account. Then I must pay reimbursement for transportation allowance to my mother, and I must pay my health insurance. If I were to be paid under 3 million IDR, all my salary would be spend only for saving, transportation allowance, and health insurance. I will not be able to have it for myself and for people I care about in their birthdays.

Then, in a cloudy Thursday I had a psychotest and law test in a law firm. Seriously the psychotest made me psycho, it was totally difficult and I believed I wouldn't pass. I kind of fell in love with the office location, but that test kept me down. Unexpectedly, they called me for an interview yesterday. The interview was in 98% English and one of the interviewer seems to be a Japanese. I tried being cheerful and smile during that depressing interview, especially when the managing partner talked about my D scores in transcript. I kind of adore how they manage their office, but still, that interview was depressing and I thought I wouldn't pass. Until I got a phone call when I was interviewed in a lawfirm this morning. Turn out, that phone call was from this office with its depressing tests and interview.
 
I was told that I was accepted and the HR wanted to talk about the nominal for my salary. It was supposed to be tomorrow morning but I asked to do it today, while I haven't been home. So, that was all. They pay me a little lower than my previous salary, but it fills my standard. We all agred about everything, and I will start to work next Monday.
 
I got a new job in not even a month after my resignation in an unexpected office.
 
It's kind of faster that I expected. Indeed, it's really fast because I should have been working again only within 2 days after my resignation. I think this feedback is what I deserve from applying like crazy to a lot of offices. Miracle does happen. It happens because I believe and I work for it.
 
Let's start my new life then! A happy ending is a brand new beginning!

2 comments:

  1. What services did you use to apply to more than 100 offices?

    No, this is not a Formspring question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Endy, we have those famous JobsDB, JobStreet, and Karir.com lhooo...where have you been? Don't little little writing song laaah, bergaul is necessary too. #dihajar

      Delete

Feel free to drop anything! Thank you!