5/22/12

The Awkward Trial: Start of Love

Hey there!

I come back with this one stuff. A new poem. Lately condition in my office is fun to me, so that I'm kind of opened to listen to my friends' stories, and I found them interesting. Here it is.

My office allows its employees to date or even marry each others. How cool is that?

So I heard stories regarding some couples there. The most inspiring one was from my teammate's, who was just married about one month ago. When he first dated his wife, such idea just popped up in his mind, accidentally, even in that day he was still dating 2 other girls. But then they just went dating, and at night when he was calling his girlfriends, he suddenly thought about that girl who is now his wife. Just that simple, how love can start. In an unpredictable way.

I'm just amazed of how it started only by a dinner-for-two moment, once.

And then I'm also inspired by Endy's Green Light. I don't know why I'm becoming a huge fan of songs that he composes and sings, but this Green Light one is just lyrically unique. I have always wanted to write a poem which words are like in Green Light lyrics, then I'm eventually inspired by my workdays. How?


There's a civil case handled by my office. I and team drafted the documents and edited them over and over. Since our client is foreign company, I am given task to translate all those documents (and now I become sworn translator in team a.k.a penerjemah disumpahin). Now that I keep reading and translating, some words creep into my mind and I can't forget them. So I made a decision. If Green Light is regarding riding cars in the street, waiting for green light to move forward, I make this one new poem as a trial process, waiting for the verdict to be executed.

Here it is. Do you love it or hate it? Because I love it so much!

It all started from a dinner
Dispute in myself grows harder
While I swear we'll never get closer
Every settlement can't separate us further

You come to my senses
I'm damaged, need your compensations

My mind now sues my heart
Charging that I breach my own contract
Your sweet favor made this lawsuit looks hard
There'll be no objections in front of the judge

The little things you notice in me
Breaks term and condition prevailed previously
Who cares of what you are or what you'll be
While in your eyes it's only me you see?

Don't put me in obscurity
You won't want me to seize you for security

The evidences show you're never a good option
But even my brain can't deal this in mediation
Solving this case, I need to write conclusion
And let's expect the verdict becomes affection

I have a lot of fun beside you
Don't revoke, so I stay longer with you

This poem's title has been changed 2 times, until I decided it as 'The Awkward Trial'. When I was done writing, I read again and felt like I didn't really put the 'love' in it. But then I realize, this poem is inspired by a 'start of love', not yet love. So I think, in this poem, the subject is still arguing with his/her heart and mind to decide whether he/she will fall in love or not. He/she is waiting for a final verdict. While waiting, he/she is enjoying each day of the trial.

And I seriously love, I repeat, I love this poem.

5 comments:

  1. boleh gue baca puisinya trus diaplot di souncloud? xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriusan lo hanjir gue malu ah hahahahaha

      Delete
    2. serius! pake malu segala... karya lo kan? bener, ya, boleh? pliiiis....

      Delete
    3. ya udah tapi jangan kasih tau gue kelanjutannya ya, malu banget nih hahahahaha

      Delete
    4. halah, pake malu... yang ada suara gue kali yang bikin puisi ini ancur x))

      Delete

Feel free to drop anything! Thank you!