4/15/11

Standard of Intelligence

Why should everything measured with required GPA?

Fuck.

So, here. I have explained before that I'm craving for scholarship to take master program in Japan. Then I heard that one of my friend in college has successfully got it, now he's there to study. While another friend of mine told me there's such an announcement from embassy about scholarship vacancy. So I opened the link and saw in the first requirement that applicant must gained 3.00 for minimum GPA.

Shit. Ass. Hole.

When I was hopeless, I still hope that my friend who got the scholarship didn't get it from embassy, but when I checked his Facebook, I saw he liked that 'linked-to-embassy' page. So? Yes, he got it from embassy. And of the hell course, his GPA must be more than 3.00.

WHY? WHY~?

Why should everything is measured from GPA? Not only scholarship, but also in job vacancy. The difference is I'm still dare to apply to offices that require high GPA because it didn't cost anything, only CV, certificate and transcript. But scholarship? MEH, it took TRANSLATED certificate (which means I must request it to the university and I don't have time because I'm a newbie employee), and even salary report! Furthermore, it also requires TOEFL score, recommendation letter from campus and office, etc. When I get them all, then I apply, then I FAIL, it HURTS!!!

Here. Why does GPA become something to measure someone's intelligence? I mean, yes, of course students who got high GPA are smart, no doubt. But is it the only thing to measure? Students who got lower GPA don't mean not smart. I found a lot of them are smart, even they're sometimes better than the high-GPA-students. They're not less creative and hardworking. Even they're able to put themselves in the same places with the high-GPA ones.

Come on. Don't measure somebody's something only by high score, high GPA, or whatever. Please take a closer look to each person. Make an entrance test for everyone, that's the fairest thing I can think about. Everyone deserves the same first chance. Why? Because people who are required are not always interested to reach big things. And when people who aren't required are interested, they can't do anything because they're not required.

Just please. Give everyone the same chance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop anything! Thank you!