2/3/13

Moving On Like Taylor Swift

Moving on. Easier said than done.

It indeed is. Moving on from a past, especially the ones with hurting farewell, is quite hard. The wound is haunting, even the will to go back to the past keeps tempting. We forgot that once it hurts, we are ought to leave as soon as possible.

We forgot that we deserve the proper happiness more than the past we left behind.

Here in this post I am talking about moving on from a failed relationship. From a heartless ex-lover who heartlessly left us, or whatever you name it. And I just simply want to talk, without judging or such, because I have been in this difficult position for more than once, so I know exactly how it feels to be moving on difficultly.

Three months ago I just failed a relationship again. I was broken, could not stop myself from crying. I kind of still believed that the ex-boyfriend shall come back to me somehow because I believed that we were a completion so that we should stay together. Yes, I was stuck on him. The good news was he also seemed to stuck on me, so that he tried to reach me but I kinda wanted to punish him by not responding easily to his poor communication.

At the same time, I kept eyes on someone else, whom was nearly impossible to be mine due to the distant of age. I mean, I was not sure that he would want to be mine according to the 'age' issue. Still, he was considered as worth fighting for, so I went forward on him as well as I expected my ex to come back.

Until one day my eyes were opened.

I tried to talk with the ex and all he said was he did not want to talk due to bad mood. I was disappointed and decided to stop expecting his comeback. At the next day, the 'new guy' gave me good signal while we hung out together with friends, so that when the ex tried to talk to me that day I did not respond since I wanted to respect this 'new guy' who has responded me well. I did not know that I already made the right decision.

This 'new guy' keeps giving me the signal, even he gave me green light, especially since we became desk mates when our seats were rotated by the boss (to me, ex-boss). And in the new-year days, I was like in between of his green light and my ex's communication attempt. Still, I went for what's worthy, and I did made the right decision, again. 

He is currently mine by the beginning of the year.

The lesson I learn is that moving on is hard to do, while on the other side it is your choice. Yes, moving on is a choice. Whether you want your present to stay with the past or move forward with the future. 

Taylor Swift is one good example of someone who moves on quickly. She truly is my idol both in music and life. The way she changes boyfriends quickly is, in my opinion, adorable. Even though people said she is not persistent, compared to her songs which lyrics are usually about beautiful fairytale love, I still think she is adorable. It means that even though she changes boyfriends quickly, each love story means much to her that makes her able to write adorable lyrics in her every song. 



And I think she just easily realizes that to stay in the past is not quite worthy. Taylor just thinks to take every new chance that brings her to the new future instead of staying with the past that brings her nowhere. Either it is to go out with someone new or go back with the previous ex-lover. Currently I hear that Taylor has just left someone-Kennedy and is going out with one of her ex, Harry Styles, which means she gives him second chance.

At this condition, mine and hers are different. I do not say that second chance is wrong, but before giving it there are some things to be considered, that convince us that this person (ex-lover) really deserves it. Taylor should have considered this well and convinced that Harry deserves it, so that she decided to leave that Kennedy guy and go out with Harry. And it counts as moving on as well.

Oh and one more thing to be noticed well, moving on could be performed perfectly when there is a new place where we can move. Taylor found it. I found it. Once it happened, why not giving our hearts a chance? Taylor deserves it. I deserve it. We all deserve it.

So, moving on quickly like Taylor Swift? Why not?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop anything! Thank you!