I wrote the first poem in this year. Some days ago, yes, but I just publish it today. Anyway my mood is bad because of some kinda jealousy, so I'm not gonna talk too much.
This poem is titled 'Broken in Blue'. It's about someone you know as a distant person, like introvert, but you can see that deep inside this person is just afraid to be tied into people because it will hurt this person. As you see this person through, you find truth, you're drowning in love with this person.
Love it? Hate it?
Love it? Hate it?
Yőυ sit there alone
Befriend with loneliness
Creating a world
Of colors and numbers
Yőυ hit the buttons
Moving like-real pictures
Humming lyrics
With melodies through lips
Cold, distant, resistant
Build yoυя own paradise
Scratching wounds
With sentences yőυ speak
Untouchable in disguise
The image of yoυя door
But I can see truth
I can see right through
Afraid of involvement
Scared of getting hurt
Resist not to fall
That's what yőυ are
I see the broken yőυ
The ice mountain in blue
I freeze, fall for yőυ
A beauty that is true
Befriend with loneliness
Creating a world
Of colors and numbers
Yőυ hit the buttons
Moving like-real pictures
Humming lyrics
With melodies through lips
Cold, distant, resistant
Build yoυя own paradise
Scratching wounds
With sentences yőυ speak
Untouchable in disguise
The image of yoυя door
But I can see truth
I can see right through
Afraid of involvement
Scared of getting hurt
Resist not to fall
That's what yőυ are
I see the broken yőυ
The ice mountain in blue
I freeze, fall for yőυ
A beauty that is true
Oh,
before I forget, I wrote the words a bit inspired by a song composed by
me and my friends, Love You At Your Worst, which has simple words and
sentences in its lyrics, so I wrote this poem with only few words in
each line.
That's the difference between a poem and a song: lyrics in a song are designed to fit a certain duration.
ReplyDeleteMost times, simple lyrics work better than poetic words, but there are hit songs that are epic pieces of poetry too.
Cheers, and keep on the good writing!
Endy
Heeeyyy Endy, thank you for the kind visit and comment!
ReplyDeleteThink about it, yes you're right, lyrics are made to fit the melody. meanwhile it doesn't mean poetic lyrics can't fit in, right? ;)