1/5/12

A Night to Remember

What is the craziest amusing thing you ever did with your friends?

I have a lot of. But the one thing I remember most is the musical night with my boys Budi, Dwan, and Endy in last Thursday, December 29, 2011. Why I remember the date is because it happened not too long ago, and by the end of the 2011. 

So, that day, we had a karaoke in Inulvista fX because one of my boys, Endy, who composed a song from my poem, wanted to listen to our voices before recording. Since the only one of us who has a sample recorded voice was Dwan, Budi suggested us to do karaoke together for a kind of live audition. This was funny as if it was serious, and we kinda related it with our plan to enter Indonesian Idol audition for we had already registered as participants LOL.

At the karaoke, we sang like crazy. Don't think that we did it seriously, because we didn't. We sang too high and too low, most of the time not connected with the melody LOL but it was totally fun to sing like almost screaming, going crazy with friends like that. I admit that I went all-out, releasing all the negative energy until only the positive one remained. I don't know the boys, but I love most when Budi and Dwan held the microphone to sing I Want It That Way by Backstreet Boys and I Drive Myself Crazy by N'SYNC while I and Endy did the backing vocal without mic. It was really laughable and memorable, to me, out of the rest of the songs we sang. 

Then, it was decided that the one who will sing the new song, Love You At Your Worst, is me featuring Budi and Dwan. That was acceptable, and I'd love to sing my own song with my adorable friends.  

After karaoke-ing, we sat in Sate Khas Senayan, and thank God the order was closed because we didn't mean to eat anything there, only wanted to sit LOL. Right before us there was a piano with its speakers. We joked like 'can I play it like David Archuleta?' or 'will we get busted if we try to play it?' until things like 'if someone tried to play it, you must play it, Ndy.' LOL. And guess what? A kid, maybe teenager, PLAYED it and didn't get busted! So when the kid left the piano, we came and tried to play it.

And yes, we did not get busted at all. Not only securities, I bet nobody really cared of what we were doing. Endy played the piano while I, Budi, and Dwan sang to every song he played. We really were like real singers, real musicians LOL. And of course, because we really love taking pictures, we took some photos with the piano. okay this is freak but damn we really did it








They were not all the photos, but I think enough representing our night. I don't know why Torchy's camera didn't seem to work well. Honestly two days before this day I dropped Torchy twice and hard, because there was a hole I late recognized on my hotpants pocket -____-

Back to the story, we took photos and sang some songs, but only until one chorus of each song. Aw I nearly forgot, the first time Endy touched the piano, he straight played Love You At Your Worst and sang it. I listened closely and...mother of God, my knees were weak! It was such a damn sweet song! I can't almost believe that my poem could really be a song, as I always dreamed about. I love the lyrics, love the piano line, I hope that I can sing it at my best when I record it. While I still in this post, I think I must give a huge thank to Endy for changing my plain poem into a beautiful song :)

The epic moment started here. When we sang the beginning of Adele's Someone Like You, some people came over, turn out two of them were Endy's friends. Back then, WE JUST SANG THE CHORUS PART TOGETHER! And we sang it until the end of the song. Damn, it really was a musical flashmob! What I used to do with Budi and Dwan is dance flashmob, but this one was a singing flashmob. Someone played the instrument, few of people sing to it, then some people come over, singing. 

When the song was over, we introduced ourselves to each others, and then left the piano, went home. Nahhh, we didn't really go home right away, because after Endy went downstairs to the parking lot, I, Budi and Dwan were still going to the toilet, on the way there we talked about what we just did. We came up with an idea of an arranged musical flashmob like that, instead of the dance one. But it was just a crazy idea coming up after doing a crazy thing.

I went home with a cab, thinking of what we just did. I was amazed. Damn, we gotta do that again. We. Got. To. Do. That. Again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop anything! Thank you!