I had a discussion with my girl via WhatsApp last year. I don't really remember when, but maybe around last month. This discussion is about 'what makes us fall in love.'
In our conversation we talked about little things on us that this guy notice. Little things he cares about, that he sees when no one else does. We mean we don't need poetic flirty words and actions, because they won't win our hearts. Meanwhile, a guy who tries to win our hearts by giving us attention, by seeing little things on us, will win easier than the guys who flirt.
Because flirting is too mainstream. We mean...NORAK, in Indonesian.
By that discussion, we concluded that it could be a basic idea for a new poem. Since my girl can't write it, she asked me to and I agreed. But I didn't catch the idea after the discussion, my mind was like distracted to anything else, so I wrote other themes for my poems.
But then, I recall some moments happened lately...and before. Last night I tried to combine my girl's experiences with her boyfriend with mine my imagination. I wrote one, titled Little Things.
Love it? Hate it?
I picked up my phone
Found your numbers there
With a simple text
Telling me to finish my work
Never tired to remind me
To look after myself
Never doubt to yell at me
Whenever I forget
Out of nowhere
You creep into my mind
No sweet words like poems
Not a knight in shining armor
No guardian angel
Not even any songs you wrote
'Cause I don't need them all
For you already won my heart
When you see the little things
That no one else does
Hungry at night
I ordered food to eat
While you looked and asked
'are you okay for it's 9pm?'
Out of drink, I took yours
And poured it to my glass
While you stared and said
'is cold water okay for you?'
Up until this stage
I fell into your trap
Those worry gaze of yours
When I said 'ouch!'
The way you're mad at me
When I go home at night
All those little things
That you notice in me
Keeps me drowning in your love
And I can't go back
Found your numbers there
With a simple text
Telling me to finish my work
Never tired to remind me
To look after myself
Never doubt to yell at me
Whenever I forget
Out of nowhere
You creep into my mind
No sweet words like poems
Not a knight in shining armor
No guardian angel
Not even any songs you wrote
'Cause I don't need them all
For you already won my heart
When you see the little things
That no one else does
Hungry at night
I ordered food to eat
While you looked and asked
'are you okay for it's 9pm?'
Out of drink, I took yours
And poured it to my glass
While you stared and said
'is cold water okay for you?'
Up until this stage
I fell into your trap
Those worry gaze of yours
When I said 'ouch!'
The way you're mad at me
When I go home at night
All those little things
That you notice in me
Keeps me drowning in your love
And I can't go back
Super duper love it :* thank u for granted my wish
ReplyDeleteThanks mi, anytime you have another idea just tell me okay ;)
ReplyDelete