10/31/11

Close To You



I wrote a poem in Saturday. I've already got the idea since few days before, but as usual I want to put much words herein. There was a lesson worth learned when I wrote this poem.

Art is about beauty.
 
When we compose something, either it's poem, song, or even a story, we are allowed to put everything we want inside. But we may not forget the beauty factor. Without it, our work would not be art. We can't be selfish by putting a phrase over and over again just to show the world that we compose a song for someone, for example. Like what I did, I meant to write the poem for someone by putting one phrase over and over again but in the end I didn't feel satisfied. I felt something was wrong with my poem, with too much repeated phrase. 

We can't put repeated phrase in a poem, it will ruin the content. But in song lyrics, it's a different matter. The point is how to create a beautiful work so that people, and ourselves, can consider it as 'art'. For example, I wrote a poem for a man with blue eyes, so I put 'blue eyes' to show that it's for him like this:
 
He's beautiful with those blue eyes
But he acts as cold as ice 
 
Then at the next line I write:
  
His blue eyes captivate me
I have nowhere else to see

Repeated phrase like that will ruin the beauty of a poem, in my humble opinion. Because after I wrote the first version of my poem then I read it, I felt like I messed it up. And until I replaced the repeated phrase, I wasn't satisfied.
 
Well, I said too much. Here is the poem. It's actually titled 'Close' because 'Close To You' is like an old song title, but I just want to title this post like that.

Yőυ've been where I always be
Like I'm a seed and yőυ're the bee
Never realized until I see
Yőυ appear right before mξ

Just like sunshine after the rain
Yőυ open ♏y eyes when yőυ stand
Like a heartbeat this Ľovε grows strong
To yőυ, a home where I belong

I want to stay close to yőυ forever
Cause it's something I rule
Everyday getting closer and closer
To a creature so beautiful
No one else can do it like mξ
So yőυ know that wε're meant to be

Leaves are falling to the ground
The way this world goes round
As ♏y heart keeps calling yőυ out
The way ♏y name is what yőυ shout

I can be the one for yőυ
And it's the greatest thing I  do
I can call yőυ the one for mξ
Together wε make the universe see

Be who yőυ are, don't go too far
I will never leave yőυ alone
Whenever yőυ're lost in yoυя way
I'll come to keep yőυ safe and sound

♏y destiny is to be with yőυ
I am written to stay close to yőυ

2 comments:

Feel free to drop anything! Thank you!