12/5/11

Understanding Perfectly


Last Friday, I wrote a poem in less than 10 minutes right before I left office. The condition was funny, because the key holder was not in office, so my colleagues wanted to leave soon because the secretary must lock the door. But since I knew the secretary would visit bank first, I told her to leave first and I would lock the door. Everyone was agree, so I was left alone just for writing this poem. LOL.

This poem alone was inspired by a chat with my boy. He told me something like somebody said I wasn't fit for something I dream to have, while another person deserves it. I was like 'what? even this person only met me once but how come I was judged like that?' My head was spinning around, but then I found an inspiring song by Hey Monday, titled Set Off, which lyrics are about going on with something we deserve although everyone disagrees. And I also heard the secretary hummed Aku Milikmu by Dewa 19, then I downloaded and listened to it, which was also inspiring because the lyrics are about holding on someone we love no matter what people say.

The poem I made is some kind of different. I was like judged 'I don't understand what I dream about', so I thought quite hard. I thought we can never really understand anything, anyone, perfectly, especially anyone. Every person is just very typical and special, none of us are the same. That's why I think that understanding perfectly is nonsense, there's no such a thing. What we do with each other, especially with closest person, people we love, is not a pure understanding. It is more about giving space, time, and respect. We give them space to act and do what they like. We give them time alone with themselves when they feel comfortable most. We respect them, as long as they are not doing bad things. Even if it's bad, we only need to tell and and stop them. Whether they really will stop or not, it's their own concern and it will be their risk, not ours.

So, here's the poem. Unlike the title of this post, I titled it 'Understanding You.' Love it? Hate it? Check it out :)

I don't understand yőυ
I wasn't made to do that about yőυ
I was just born to Ľovε yőυ
Every single piece of yőυ

I don't understand yőυ
I never even promise that to yőυ
But all I can see in this world is yőυ
The one for mξ is none but yőυ

I don't understand yőυ
Nor listen to anything they say about yőυ
I am just here, right beside yőυ
Believing myself that I'm the one for yőυ
Catching every good out of bad things in yőυ
Giving space and respect to appreciate yőυ

I don't understand yőυ
Understanding mξ is not what I ask from yőυ
Just let mξ be an important part of yőυ
For replying this zillion of Ľovε to yőυ

I edited it when I retyped it in Torchy, so a few words would be found different from what I wrote in my agenda. Still it doesn't change the whole content.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop anything! Thank you!