4/1/12

April Surrender

I don't usually do poem request. But the crowd seems to want me to write one (or maybe more until they're satisfied).

This poem is about 'move-on' moment. You know...you're in love (in this poem, maybe with your best friend) and you're hopeless, then you know you have to let go. Such things. Um...I guess I ever made such poems before, in around November. But it was not by request. LOL.

Writing a poem is totally my hobby, not my passion. So it's a little bit weird to do request since this is not my job and I'm not professionally required. But why not seeing this as a new lesson to learn? Like my most favorite line in this poem: 'loving you wasn't a regret definitely, every day is a lesson learned for me.'


Since I wrote this today in the morning when the sun shone bright and I was on the way to Kelurahan to make E-KTP, I feel like this gloomy poem seems cheering instead. I guess the weather influenced my mood. And I title this as 'April Surrender' because, I repeat, I wrote this today, April 1st.

Do you like it or hate it?

The sun is shining brightly
Today is going like usually
The difference is just in me
This early April is kind of gloomy

Last night I finally realized
Picking you has been wrongly decided
Not that my eyes were stubbornly closed
Just nobody let them wide opened

But put all your trust in me
Nothing will change between you and me
You're still a friend you can be
You still got my back perfectly
Loving you wasn't a regret definitely
Every day was a lesson learned for me

It's 10AM, everything's stable
Giving up on you, will I be able?
Most of the time I will stumble
Now I won't, this is unbreakable

For everything I did, I'm sorry
I bet all my poems kept you worry
But to have you stay around calmly
I believe you're a friend undoubtedly

Thank you for being in my life
Because of you I know how to be wise
Every little truth I saw in your eyes
Let me see how I'm worth alive

Honestly I know the words are not original, not typical. But I quite like it. How about you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop anything! Thank you!