4/24/12

Hate is Love


Do you ever hate anyone in your life?

No worries. It's human being. To hate, to love, to give damn, to give none, it's all about being a human. I never known anyone who never felt those feelings. Because if I did, I must have met an angel. Or God, maybe.

At the time being (aha, now I sound like my boss) I want to talk about the 'hate'.

We must have ever hated anyone. The reason is various. Maybe he/she annoys us. Maybe he/she has different opinion. Maybe he/she stabs us is the back. Maybe he/she stains our names. Maybe he/she is more beautiful. Maybe he/she is smarter. Maybe he/she is richer. Maybe he/she wins heart of people we expect to be our lovers. And there are still lots of maybe I haven't mentioned here. But we must have ever experienced hating someone. Maybe not openly, maybe silently. We can do it by many ways.

What do you think when you hate someone?

I ever once, twice, posted in December last year. It was about a wicked witch in a village. Yes, it was about an unwanted employee in my previous office. I hated him, so much. And because I hated him, everything he did looked wrong in my eyes. Including ordinary actions. Actions that, before I hated him, looked fine in my eyes. 

But then I realize. When I hated him, I was thinking of him. He was in my mind, as a person I hated. His particular actions were running in my mind. His annoying voice was echoing in my head. He was simply in my mind until we finally cut all our connections. Then, what was the difference between him and my friends? What was the difference between him and my family? Both of them are always in my mind, right?

Yes, the feeling is different. Still, all of them are in the same places: my heart and mind.

So, why can't we conclude that he was as important as my friends and family?

Because if he wasn't, he wouldn't be anywhere in my life. None of him would be in my heart and mind. I would give no damn about him, wouldn't even think he was alive.

My question is now: don't you think that 'hate' is a different way to 'love'?

I have reached such a conclusion. 'Hate' is a different way to love. You hate him? Yes, you love him. You hate her? Yes, you love her. Because do you know why parents yell to their kids when the kids make mistakes? Yes, because they love the kids, but they show it with a 'hate' action.

The difference is only one: to hate is tiring and giving bad impact to our heart and mind. Do you want to discuss about this? I don't. I think it's obvious. You may contact me personally to talk about it, if you want to.

Love your haters. Because like your family and friends, you have special places in their hearts.

p.s: I have made a reconciliation with the 'hated' ex-coworker. We're friends again like nothing ever happened :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop anything! Thank you!